This is my first book review post in a year! How sad. I certainly haven't stopped reading. Parenthood is time-consuming and exhausting, but I HAVE CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS. One is that I need to read. When I'm not reading, I feel depressed.
(Other requirements: Chocolate, wine, sunshine, human interaction)
So anyway, Imma just post a list of what I've read in the last year, with a quick rating, because: TIME CONSTRAINTS.
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell: OMFG SO GOOD. Please Hollywood do not pull a Cloud Atlas. This is another book that should never be a movie but is HELLA GOOD.
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood: Very nice dystopian future novel by one of the best.
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. Decent. Sort of depressing.
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. So bizarre but pretty good.
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Entertaining. Well written. I didn't love it but it's a good book.
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan. I enjoyed this due to my periodic hypochondria.
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker. SO FRIGGING GOOD.
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. SO, SO GOOD.
- Want Not by Jonathan Miles. Definitely entertaining and smart.
- Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth. Meh.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Really good!
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. Amazing and heartbreaking.
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. One of the best of the year. READ IT!!
I also read at least a dozen baby books, most of them about how to get your kid to sleep HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *sob* that is a post for a whole other time.
Happy reading! Tell me what your favorite books of the year are!