- Something very, very important happened. Christina had her baby! My mind has definitely not wrapped itself around this yet. Go check out this little cutie patootie.
- I could easily make the rest of this post just me complaining about stuff. But I will go ahead and try to switch off between complaints and awesome things.
- Our contractor with the great reviews did a crappy job on the drywall (among a few other smaller items). Mind you, the word "drywall" is in the name of the company. So you'd think they're pretty much pros at making flat walls. But here is what one area of one of our walls now looks like.
What you're looking for is the seam running vertically on the far wall. Ugh.
Word to the wise -- apparently drywall is supposed to be installed horizontally, so that's problem #1. The dudes are gonna come back and fix the problems, but it's just annoying. I have a million things I'm trying to get finished over here.
- I started reading Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), and you might be surprised to hear: I think it's better than Tina Fey's. Blasphemy, I know. But I am laughing out loud. A lot.
- So you may remember how I'm trying to figure out what kind of carpet to install in the family room, to replace the ugly seafoam green carpet and complement the new gray walls. Well. Under the existing carpet there are old floor tiles. So I sent part of one to be tested for asbestos, and guess what?? They have asbestos in them, of course. So they need to stay where they are to avoid releasing asbestos into the air. Which means it's definitely going to be carpet in there and not laminate, because there are chunks of tile missing, and you need a flat surface for laminate. Farts.
- In other book news, I enjoyed The Wolf of Wall Street a lot (they're making this into a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio), and sort of enjoyed Expecting Better; Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong and What You Need to Know. Reviews to follow, eventually.
- I am now at the stage of pregnancy where I just spontaneously burst into tears if I'm disappointed about something. So that's fun.
- I am now going to try to turn a complaint into something positive. So I went to the acupuncturist today and she was like You are eating all the wrong things. Which I sort of knew, because, yes, I don't imagine white carbs are like the pinnacle of a healthy diet. But I was eating fruit and whole grains and yogurt and stuff too, and that is all wrong wrong wrong, too, she says, because of my spleen qi deficiency. The good news is now I know what I should be eating. Ta-da!
- Ikea didn't have the color crib I wanted and won't have it until October. I almost burst into tears, but instead said Fuck It and bought it in birch. I sort of hate birch but I've also reached the I Do Not Fucking Care portion of pregnancy.
- Freecycle. Learn it. Know it. Live it. The people on Freecycle will take literally anything, no questions asked. And yes, you are giving stuff away for free, but sometimes it's really hard to get rid of stuff, you know? Like, no one on Craigslist or eBay or at the garage sale wants it, so ... freecycle that mofo!
- My poor husband seems to have pulled a muscle or something, so he's basically out of commission when it comes to lifting alllllll of the heavy ass furniture around here. And I have literally never needed more heavy ass furniture to be lifted than I do right now.
- To end this on a high note, I am 7 months pregnant with a baby boy who kicks a lot. All that really matters is that he's born healthy. The rest will work itself out.