I thought my month away from Facebook would be so liberating, but I was shocked to discover it left me feeling a bit lonely, out of the loop, and darn curious about what I'd been missing.
So of course I logged back in right away this morning, and boy, have I missed a lot! Stuff I'm so happy I know now includes ...
- One friend found out she is having a boy.
- Another friend gave birth to her boy two weeks ago.
- One friend is in a new relationship.
- Another friend got a new kitten.
- One friend is in Chicago, eating custard.
- Another friend celebrated 10 years of working for a newspaper.
- It is apparently National Donut Day? Which means I need donuts, obviously.
- Some beautiful photos.
- My hippie-dippy articles that get me all charged up.
Of course, there's still the bad. But I guess, as with anything, I'll take the bad with the good.
If you're on Facebook, I've got one of those obnoxious fan pages. I'll be posting links to new posts and the occasional photo or opinionated update.