We ditched our coffee pot for an electric percolator and I could not be happier. Awesome things about the percolator:
- It doesn't beep at me. I don't need a machine to beep at me when my coffee is done. I instinctively know when my coffee is ready because coffee and I are soul mates for life.
- It's cute. Way cuter than our old coffee maker.
- It's stainless steel. No plastic parts (on the inside)! Therefore no leaching of bullshit plastic chemicals into my coffee.
- It does not require the purchase of paper filters. I'm saving the environment, yo!
- It doesn't drip. Don't even get me started about drippy coffee pots.
- It makes the best tasting coffee ever. And you don't need to use as many grounds as you do in a regular coffee maker in order to make strong coffee. Saving money, yo!
And then there are my new onion goggles. I don't know if I cut onions like a fool or if I'm just highly susceptible to onion fumes, but I literally cannot cut an onion without tears streaming down my face and wrecking my eye makeup. Cue onion goggles. They come with a little padding to create a "seal" that prevents the fumes from getting to your eyes. AND THEY WORK. Hallelujah. No more crying into my pozole.
That is all. No one paid me to write this stuff; I just like it. I'm not linking to anything because ... I'm not being paid. :)