Here's what happens the moment I decide to eat healthier.
1. The Superbowl. Commence consumption of mass quantities of nachos, fried chicken and alcohol.
2. Family outing to the sincerely detested Sizzler for consumption of high calorie ranch dressing atop wilted lettuce leaves, more nachos and disgusting hamburger/fries.
3. Family outing for Mexican food to celebrate brother-in-law's promotion. Commence consumption of enchiladas and sangria.
4. Breakfast outing with friends. Commence consumption of much-desired pancakes and all other gluten items banned from the house.
5. Spontaneous pizza party with friends. Commence consumption of pizza, beer, rice balls (a story for another time) and God knows what else.
6. Valentine's Day. A reservation has been secured at a steak house. I will not be eating salad.
All of that happened/is happening in a nine day period. All of it would be fine if I understood the fine art of moderation. Or if I was really into vigorous exercise.
I'm just saying: Tuesday's weigh-in doesn't look promising.