It's Tuesday, therefore it's weigh-in day, and I have gained 1.2 pounds. It's not altogether surprising, although maybe a little unexpected given all the running, Shredding and biking I did but OH WELL.
So since I'm not pretending I don't know why I gained a pound, let us count the ways:
1) Sizzler. *fist shake*
2) Superbowl. There was no calorie-counting, only eating and drinking. Much, much eating and drinking.
3) Superbowl leftovers. Hello Monday. Nice to meet you and your Doritos and ranch dip.
4) I didn't work out yesterday. I was supposed to, and didn't. I took a nap instead. Yep! I did.
So let's see what I have learned and what to do differently this week:
1) Do not eat at Sizzler. Ever again.
2) Eat fun party foods IN MODERATION. I always forget that one -- moderation.
3) Pawn off leftovers on other people or throw them away. I managed to send all the cookies and some of the alcohol back home with their owners, but I still have some high-calorie stuff in the fridge.
4) Work out. Every day except Sunday. Period. We do not come from a people who lose weight without working out. We come from a people known for large cheeks, both facial and buttocky.
Ok. It's another week, and another opportunity to succeed. Next week, I'm pretty confident there will be weight loss. I just have to keep on trucking and not get discouraged. And dispose of the Doritos ASAP.