Well, I firmly believe that if you don't chronicle the mundane details of your life, you'll forget to chronicle the more important events and you might forget whatcha did for all that time. Thus I publish my second annual Best & Worst list, which contains heartbreak and wonderful moments alike. Peace out, 2008. 2009, we welcome you warily.
MOAM's 10 Best Moments of 2008
10. This particular madwoman decided she will not visit a doctor unless it is absolutely fricking necessary, which frees up some of my time to eat more chocolate chip cookies.
9. I received a badass new camera for Christmas, which I'm sure you'll agree takes awesome photos when you take a look at the photo below of a creepy doll collection from Hubs' grandma's house, discovered over the weekend.
8. We discovered Livermore's wine country with a dying breed of friends (couples without kids).
7. Sadly, a meal is making it onto my list, but that's what happens when your body mass index is too high and you have an unhealthy hankering for sauerkraut. I think wistfully of the giant porkchop and, yes, sauerkraut I ate during Hubs' birthday dinner at Teske's Germania. A close second to this meal is the one I enjoyed at Minal & Ben's wedding. I could have eaten a vat of whatever it was I ate (such is my ignorance when it comes to Indian food).
6. Hubs and I visited Santa Barbara for our very drunken second anniversary in April.
5. The family got together at Chuckchansi Gold Resort and Casino for my grandmother's 80th birthday. Although 50% of us came down with norovirus, the buffet was well worth the resulting week of nausea.
4. In January, we took a trip to Sedona. That was our last real vacation, so we are due for another pretty soon here...
3. The American people elected Obama.
2. I finished the last class I need in order to obtain my college degree.
1. We bought a house!
MOAM's 10 Worst Moments of 2008:
10. The movie "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story," which we thankfully rented on Netflix and did not waste $20 going to the theater for.
9. David Duchovny is supposedly a sex addict, on top of which the X-Files movie REALLY SUCKED.
8. Number 8 has been removed to protect the innocent.
7. I didn't take a vacation after January.
6. I turned 30.
5. I am still fat.
4. I was sick. A lot.
3. We struggled (and still struggle) to clean out Hubs' grandma's house.
2. Milly left us.
1. So did Beth.